Friday 13 July 2012

GIRLS LOVE BEADS


So, yesterday I went to the gym and encountered Craig the Terrifying PT again. Luckily, he was inducting a new minion into the lycra-clad-gym-bunny family, but he did have time to come over and gently mock me as I proved how unable to balance I was. I wanted to grab the new recruit and be like:
Unrelated Panda is unrelated.
 (On a side note, when I googled this quote one of the first pages that came up was a Yahoo answers of someone asking "What did Gandalf mean when he said "fly, you fools"?" God help us all, the Internet really is full of idiots).

Anyway, back on track, unfortunately I was otherwise occupied with quietly expiring.  

I also noticed that my gym is currently advertising "Anti-Gravity Yoga". Someone should tell people at the Cavendish that this is going on - I get the impression it's something they might be interested in.

After promising to post a drawing on my day off I proceeded to spend yesterday doing absolutely nothing. For this I apologise. I shall not be pretending to productive on my day off again. However, today on my way home I was struck by a sudden urge to purchase Hama beads, proving one and for all that all girls love beads - always. I thought this would be an excellent idea because they can be used to make sprites and whatnot; unfortunately I bought ten thousand beads but there are only about ten distinct colours so I'm going to need to expand my Hama bead collection before I can do any Pokémon sprite justice.

However, there were enough colours to have a good bash at making some Pokéballs - I've just made the basic four, but I'm hoping to eventually expand the collection so I can use them as a set of tea coasters (massive nerd alert).

BEADS!
As you can see, I have lost the Hama bead pro skillz I had when I was nine and had some issues with how long they needed ironing for the first couple, which is why the Pokéball and Great Ball are considerably less than perfectly circular. I also have a fairly decent sized burn on my forearm where my Dad distracted me while I was ironing. :'(

In other news, I was Stumbled Upon for the first time a couple of days ago which is a little exciting (yep, my life really is that dull). I've also decided that I'll be taking requests for which Pokémon to draw next - since I've got to do them all it doesn't really matter to me, but you should know that I'm leaving the starters to the end whatever.

That's all for now - it's been a long day, and I'm tired!

*Insert mandatory gif here*

 Adios Pokéfans!


What I'm listening to: Currently listening to the opening and ending themes from Code Geass - a list of which can be found here. This only has the short versions - I've having issues finding the full versions on Youtube so for the whole tunes I recommend Grooveshark (they really are worth listening to). Personal favourites are "Hitomi no Tsubasa" by Access (which deserved more than a two episode outing) and "World End" by Flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment