Thursday 13 September 2012

I went to a convention!

Like the title says, my recent silence has been because I've just been to a convention. I went to Alcon at De Montfort University in Leicester last weekend. This was my first convention, and it was a good'un. We saw a lot of awesome cosplayers aand lots of panels involving the UK Abridgers. If you haven't seen the work of these guys (Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged, Yu-Gi-Oh GX Abridged, Nullmetal Alchemist to name a few) then go look it up on YouTube. Now.

 Now that's out of the way, here are a couple of the Pokémon cosplays I saw while I was there:

First panel of the weekend, and we spotted Raichu and Pikachu

Zubat, Ho-oh and Butterfree
There were also three people rocking some rather awesome Pansage, Pansear and Panpour outfits, but unfortunately I hadn't mastered the art of asking randoms for photos by that point.

One panel we went to was called How To Start a Webcomic. It was a little surreal being told about internet comics by The Joker but he was quite amusing and had some good tips. One that I think I can apply here is that you should update regularly. And so, I've decided that I'm going to choose my update days as Monday and Thursday, provided that when I go back to university it doesn't all go to pot, which it may well do. But for now that is what we are sticking with. Monday and Thursday, ok?

Finally, a quick art update. This is a card that I made for my friend who I went to Alcon with. It was her birthday the day before:
Cosplaying Pikachu!
Pikachu likes to cosplay too! This con was the first time I cosplayed (as C.C. from Code Geass if anyone is interested), so I decided that Pikachu would want to cosplay as well. But he's a noob like me, so he's forgotten the tail!

Adios Pokéfans! See you Monday!

What I'm listening to: Soundtrack from The Girl Who Leapt Through Time <3

No comments:

Post a Comment