Thursday 2 August 2012

Art and craft skillz (z for emphasis)

So, today was my day off and I woke up all like "HAMA BEAD ALL THE POKÉBALLS". Because I like to be productive on my days off. And nothing says productive like spending all day doing the arts and crafts that you used to do when you were six. Except obviously now I'm much more skilled than I was when I was six.

Like I said, the plan was to finish up and make all the 26 pokéballs today, so that I could have a complete collection and calm my OCD tendencies. However, this was not to be because I HAVE RUN OUT OF BLACK BEADS. Please bear in mind that I bought a box of ten thousand Hama beads, so I am not best pleased. Damn you Hama, and your cleverly calculated ratios. Now I'm gonna have to go and spend more money.

Anyway, I have successfully created 9/26 and here they are:

My current collection (from the top, left to right): Poké Ball, Great Ball, Ultra Ball, Master Ball, Safari Ball, Level Ball, Lure Ball, Friend Ball, Premier Ball
In other news, I've spent a lot of time procrastinating on the Internet recently, to the extent that I decided the other day that it would be a good idea to clean out my facebook likes. This was the first time I've looked at all the accumulated crap that I've liked on facebook, and I was quite surprised by the amount of Pokémon related likes I have. A comprehensive list follows:

- Pokémon (obviously)
-"Hey bro wanna come to the gym?" "Dude, I've got all the badges already!"
- Making it through a patch of grass without getting into a Pokémon battle.
- Sometimes, I just wish I could be a Pokémon trainer. It'd be so much cooler.
- Being emotionally attached to your starter Pokémon.
- If this is another Zubat I'm going to throw my gameboy across the room...  
- Dinosaurs were lies, fed to us to cover up the existence of Pokémon.
- When Ash from Pokémon turns his hat around, you know shit's about to go down.
- "Hello, welcome to the Pokémon Centre" - *rapes A button*
- Always be yourself. Unless you can be Pikachu. Always be Pikachu.


And this is why the Internet is a wonderful wonderful thing. Because it allows us to express all those little things we truly appreciate about the greatest video game series ever, with just a click of a button. Genius!


Adios Pokéfans!

What I'm listening to: Big in Japan by Martin Solveig. So. Catchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment